Can the Houston Texans win the AFC South this year?

Mar 5, 2010
Like everybody else says, as long as the Manning's calling the shots for Indianapolis, the Texans will have a hard time winning the AFC South.

However, I believe they should have gotten the Wild Card last year and will have a very, very good shot at getting this season.

Prisoner

Aug 25, 2009
Well, I'm not saying they can't, but with Peyton Manning and the Colts in that division I'm not ready to change my pick.
The Titans and Jags look decent too, so don't count them out either.
I think the Texans will be fighting for a wildcard spot with the Titans, Jets, and Patriots at the end of the year.

Oct 29, 2009
YES, I think if history shows us anything the NFL team that gets to the Superbowl tends to fall back quite a bit the following year. The Texans are poised to make a Superbowl run of their own - I would not be surprised to see a 11-5 or 12-4 Texans get the division and Colts fall to 10-6 or 9-7.

As for Cushing's suspension - it'll be tough, but the team has already brought in a replacement and the team will do okay - and once he is back they will excel.

jdm369

Jul 11, 2010
Ummmm... I think you are hoping for a lot more than you should. The Texans showed sparks of brilliance last year but they have issues with consistency. The Colts are still to much for the Texans to overcome, but I do get a feeling they will have a run at the playoffs as a wild card.

Similar NFL Discussions