In your opinion, who is the greatest football player of all time in the NFL?

Camron D

Jun 10, 2009
Offensively or defensively regardless of position.
I say Barry Sanders on offense because of his ability to make any and everyone miss and he showed that you can be a great running back without a offensive line.
Defensively I'm going to have to say Deion Sanders, people rarely threw to his side and when they did he made a play on it, he was also a baseball player and a terrific special teamer.

Jan 23, 2009
Offense: Jerry Rice, he made TWO QB's, look like Hall of Famers.They were both good. Montana was the better, of the two.

Defense: Ronnie Lott. He was great at every position he played. Won a Super Bowl, as a Rookie starter! Then backed it up, with a consistently great career.

Caz 7991

Jul 13, 2011
on offense i would say Walter Payton because he was just a beast
on defense i would say Ronnie Lot because he also was a beast and an amazing tackler

Mar 1, 2010
Randy Moss- I love an attitude, especially when they can back up the words they say, you might not like him, but you can't deny his physical abilities

Ray Lewis/Patrick Willis, I don't even have to say why

Jim Brown was the best on offense, period. I feel like you can't call a corner the greatest defensive player of all time because of how easy it is to neutralize him, by simply not throwing to his receiver. I think I'm going to say either Deacon Jones or Ray Lewis, Deacon because he dominate his era like no one else, and Ray because he seems to singlehandedly make the Ravens a top defense with his presence.

Levi

Apr 6, 2010
It's almost impossible to compare different positions. Some will say Anthony Munoz, some will say Jerry Rice, some say Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders.
On defense, you'll get people saying Bob Lily, Reggie White, Ronnie Lott, Dick Butkus, Lawrence Taylor, Deacon Jones.
I'll just rival what you said about Barry Sanders.
I say Jim Brown was better because...
1) He was more well rounded (as was Walter Payton)
2) He dominated his era more than Sanders. Barry lost the rushing title to Christian Okoye in 1989. Jim Brown only lost it to Jim Taylor, who was much better than Okoye.
3) YPC average.
4) Jim Brown had a crappy team and offensive line as well. Yet he still took them to a championship. Actually, Barry's linemen have said that they hated blocking for Sanders because he never followed the play, thus making it appear as though it was the blockers faults. Jim's line sucked, but he still dominated.