NFL buffs! any word on who will be the 2011 quarterback for the cincinnati...

Nov 2009
...bengals? Cam Newton? A few days ago auburn univ heisman trophy winner cam newton was in cincinnati ohio meeting with cincinnati bengals mgt/owner etc.... who do you think the bengals will sign as quarterback too lead the team after carson palmer signs with seattle seahawks? if newton is signed or not who will be the starting quarterback for cincinnati? also, do you see univ GA standout A.C. Green being selected by cincinnati as well? thanks

Sep 2007
If they take him, then they are hosed. Newton will be a total flop in the NFL. But Brown is rapidly becoming regarded as a worse owner than even Al Davis, so it's possible.

Oct 2009
They will definitely take him if he drops that low but I think he'll get taken in the top 3. I'm not sure about the Panthers but I know my Bills are taking a long, hard look at this guy, so don't be surprised to see Cameron go at # 3.

as for their QB, can you say Brett Favre?????? hmmmm I dunno about that but its still a possibility, just throwing it out on the table.

Well, I don't see Palmer coming back, so they'll draft. They'll only take a QB in 1st if Newton or Gabbert is there. In the second, they'll take either Ponder or Dalton. If the Seahawks pass on Mallett, he'll fall to them, and the Bengals will take him. I don't think they'd ever take Locker. Kaepernick is also a player to keep an eye on.