What football team is better? The New York Jets or The New York Giants?

Rexual Healing

Jun 7, 2010
The Giants are a solid team, but they're just not as talented or balanced as the Jets. Obviously the Jets have the advantage in defense in terms of talent and scheme. The Giants do have a better defensive line, but Shaun Ellis and Trevor Pryce are good penetrating ends and Sione Pouha and Mike DeVito are good space eating run stoppers. The Jets obviously have the advantage in the linebacking corps, and though the Giants secondary is far from terrible the Jets have one of the elite units in the league.

The offense is a lot closer, since Eli Manning has established himself as a Pro Bowler and Super Bowl champ, but the receiving corps of Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Dustin Keller and Jerricho Cotchery (and LT out of the backfield) is as dangerous as any in the NFL, and the Jets have one of the best offensive lines in the league. Ahmad Bradshaw is a decent back, but Shonn Greene has been getting better every week and LT is obviously killing it, averaging over 6 yards a carry on the season.

Oct 18, 2010
When the Jets win another Super Bowl,then they will be the darlings of NY,until that happens BIG BLUE owns the Meadowlands.It,s still early the Jets haven,t won anything yet but a couple of games,if the lose tonight they,ll have the same record as the Giants....They,re not the best in my MIND.

Alan

Feb 21, 2009
the giants arent bad but they dont have the killer dfense the jets have, however i do think the giants have a better offense, but dfense wins championships, dats how the beat pats in 07

Sam

Jan 1, 2008
jets- theyre record is better thats why!
my neighbor was chad pennington and sneak into the training facility with my friends after school--> its literally next to my school.

Similar NFL Discussions